Blog #7: The Almost-Last Blog

At the time of the writing of this blog, it is Tuesday night. I spent today continuing my work on my novella and think I have an ending in mind. However, that ending will require additional time outside of my senior project and I will have to continue writing over the summer. While it is slightly disappointing that I won't have the bulk of my work finished come presentation day, I'll still be able to show off what I've completed thus far, which will amount to a sizeable amount of pages. I usually keep track of the word count of a story as I'm writing it, but because of the length of this novella, I've split it up into multiple google docs by chapter. Tallying the word-count is always something I enjoy doing for my stories and I'm excited to see what that number comes out to once I compile my story tomorrow.


I tried writing in a new setting today, a local cafe close to my house. I found that I was productive during this time, which surprised me considering my observations from working at Hawken Upper earlier in the project. I have never worked at this cafe before, either. My exact setup at the cafe, working on a counter, was very similar to my setup at the genius bar at Hawken. Despite the similarities, the genius bar didn't work for me, even though it's advertised as a study space. I've had success working at the genius bar before, too, but it didn't cut it for this project. I'm not sure what the difference was with the coffee shop, but it leaves room to explore other settings that I might not have considered previously. Maybe my previous conclusion of needing a set writing space wasn't a clear cut as I thought.

Comments