Blog #6: In Retrospect

 Entering the "beginning of the end" phase of my project, I can start to see my journey in its entirety. It hasn't been a grand or extravagant journey, but I've had a lot of fun writing over the past few weeks. My novella has reached a strange crossroads. I'm still not sure how much longer I want to make it and I can still see multiple routes for the story to take. There's still a possibility to end it or leave the project unfinished for now and take the draft I have into the summer months. I could even try both, though that may be a bit much. If I had to give the story a taskbar to represent its progress, I feel it's somewhere between 70 and 75% complete, but that number could be anywhere from 50% to 95%. It's hard to gauge the end of the story from a distance, as it could be much closer or further than I think. 

I'm hoping to finish my project with 100 pages of stories, not for the sake of hitting a goal or quota, but I think 100 is a nice number and will sound impressive when I go to present on Thursday. Better than 97 or 93, at least. I don't know how I would change my project if I were given the chance. It's been a very relaxing two-three weeks for me and I've managed to stay productive and busy. I've even done work over the weekends as the project is extremely flexible. It hasn't infringed on my ability to connect with friends outside of school and I never had to choose between working on this project and hanging out with my friends or missing an athletic practice. I'm curious to see where this project ends up come Thursday.

Comments