Blog #2: The First Day

Though I didn't realize it at the time, my first day of writing was very productive. I completed an entire chapter for my larger story and polished up some details from previous chapters. The new chapter was about seven pages in length and I'm happy with the detail it added to the story. I'm satisfied with the progress of my larger narrative and am excited to keep expanding on the world I've created. There are a few plot elements I need to work into the story to make it cohesive, mainly a backstory for my main character. I have a few ideas floating around but haven't decided on which to pursue. I have no doubts that I'll find the words sooner rather than later.

Hopes/ Fears: A lot of my project hinged on my productivity, and I was happy to find I was having no trouble writing for extended periods of time. I did find myself feeling some fatigue towards the end of my sessions, so I experimented with taking breaks and found that they helped me get back on track. I also noticed that I didn’t mind working in my room for a long period of time. I used to do a lot of my writing at my desk, but after COVID I’ve found that I’ve been able to stay productive from my bed. This is definitely a habit I want to break and I plan on going up to Hawken on Friday to speak with Mr. Harris about my progress and try a change in scenery.

On Friday morning I wrote a short, 4-page story about an idea I had driving home from morning practice. I’m surprised at how it turned out (in a good way) and it was a nice break from the larger narrative I’m working on. 


Comments